I'm pissed! Mens Ensemble got asked by the principal to perform Mighty Mouse at the next faculty meeting! THE PRINCIPAL! THE ENTIRE FACULTY! MIGHTY MOUSE!!!!!! and. we. won't. !!!!!!! Am I the ONLY person who likes to perform? When Mr. Abrams told us, I said "YEAH!" and at least half of the class went "Nah, do we have to? I don't want to sing for them." NAH, DO WE HAVE TO!?!?!?!?????? WHY THE HELL ARE THEY IN CHOIR!?! They don't get excited about singing? HUH!?!?!? Am I alone here!???? Well, no... there's Chandler, I guess. I didn't hear him say anything though. GAH! Oh well. (To self: calm down... deep breath, come on, calm down...) Okay! I'm good now. Still a little pissed. However, the Chamber Singers get to perform for them. I'll focus on being happy for them. ...
...
...
...
Mr. Abrams said about three weeks ago that there were three guys in Mens who he thinks might be able to do Chambers next year.♫♪ I pray that one of them is me. And not to be egotistical, but it probably is. I only think that because ALL of my choir friends think it's me. =D =D
--- Here's the choir breakdown: ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪
All students have to start in either Mens Ensemble or Womens Ensemble. Then, you can get promoted to Concert Choir. Although for girls, they go from Womens Ensemble to Treble Clef. If they get promoted to Concert Choir while in their sophomore or junior year (most during junior), they still have to have Treble Clef. Anyway, for the guys, there is no intermediate step like Treble Clef. You just get to go to Concert Choir (if he promotes you). CHAMBER SINGERS is an elite group of people in Concert Choir, and consists mainly of seniors. There are the select few who get into Chambers as juniors and sophomores, although I don't think there's ever been a sophomore girl in Chambers. Moving on, out of Concert Choir, there is the JaZz EnSeMbLe!! Jazz Ensemble are the elite of the elite. There are only 8 people in Jazz, 4 guys and 4 girls, 2 on each part (i.e. 2 Sopranos, 2 Altos, 2 Tenors, and 2 Bass'). It is almost exclusively seniors. I know of one junior who has been in Jazz. SOOOOO... Although most every guy gets promoted to Concert Choir if they don't sound like a dead cat and don't slack off too much, I hope to be one of the few who goes into CHAMBERS as a sophomore! If I DO get in, I'll have to be killed by my other choir friends. <(O.O)> Then I pray to be in Jazz as a senior. Being in Jazz as a junior is pushing it. Being in Jazz as a sophomore is, I'm sure, impossible. But yeah. Understand all that? Oh, and one last side note: Jazz isn't a class. They meet during lunch, on some nights, and sometimes weekends. ♫♪
10.28.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment